[Click here to read Open Coyote Hills’ position on the next steps the City should take as a result of the Measure W vote.]
We are a broad-based group of Fullerton residents who support the opening of the long fenced-in West Coyote Hills. We are long-time active citizens who come from a variety of backgrounds, interests and political persuasions, who support the sensible and sustainable plan for West Coyote Hills proposed by Pacific Coast Homes. This plan:
• Provides a balance between public interest and private property rights;
• Preserves and restores 283 acres of new public open space;
• Restores an additional 72 acre City-owned nature preserve, including the development of an interpretive center, introducing visitors to this coastal sage scrub wilderness as a living outdoor laboratory, building a life-long sense of stewardship;
• Preserves and restores 5 vista parks offering views from Fullerton’s highest points;
• Provides 10 miles of new trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding;
• Provides the City with an endowment to fund the long-term cost of maintaining this open space and its amenities, so this cost does not fall on taxpayers;
• Includes a well-planned, uniquely designed development that complements the protected habitat.
Our intent is to educate the larger community with fact-based information from documented sources. We believe this has the potential to bring our community together.